Do you want to expand your reach and grow your client base? Or do you need focus on specific demographics in order to increase your prospect to client ratio? It might be time to develop and implement a targeted marketing plan to help you reach those objectives.
Writing a marketing plan can be a daunting task, especially if you’ve never put one together before. Here are 9 tips to get you started:
- Assess your current state – Look at what you’ve done in the past and build from there.
- Know your audience – Figure out who you really need to reach.
- Define your challenges – What in your business needs to change for you to be successful?
- Set your goals – Use SMART (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Time-Bound) goals to keep everyone focused on the same end result.
- Establish your strategy – Define what you’re going to do to achieve your goals.
- List your tactics – Establish how you will execute the strategy.
- Create milestones and accountability – Milestones help track your progress and provide checkpoints on how well the strategy is working.
- Evaluate your resources – Make sure you have the necessary budget, personnel and technology in place to achieve your goals.
- Report, analyze and optimize – Track your results, analyze your data and adjust as necessary to optimize your success.
Did you find this helpful? For a more comprehensive look at how to build an effective marketing plan, download the “Marketing Plans 101” Whitepaper below.
Latest posts by Dave Alison (see all)
- An Advisor’s Guide to Writing an Effective Call to Action - August 14, 2019
- Advisors: Optimize your Company’s LinkedIn Page & Attract More Prospects - August 7, 2019
- Financial Advisors: 9 Tips to Build an Effective Marketing Plan - July 18, 2019